Vacancy At Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development | Borno
Vacancy At Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development | Borno
Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) – Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
Job Title: Office Manager
- Under the supervision of the Area Coordinator/Country Director, the Office Manager is responsible for representing ACTED`s interests in Monguno with local authorities, donors, beneficiary communities and other key stakeholders.
- The Office Manager oversees the day-to-day operational implementation of projects and security in the respective base.
- The Office Manager also supports Project Managers to ensure that projects address beneficiary needs and are implemented according to ACTED’s global strategy, donor guidelines, approved work plans and budgets.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Management of the base facilities:
- Ensure maintenance of the premises (office/guesthouse), offering an adequate working environment for all ACTED team;
- Manage interactions with the owner of the premises;
- Supervise the logistics department in ACTED premise management duties;
- Supervise the logistics department in ensuring the base facilities are provided with adequate quantities of fuel, gas, water for regular operations purposes as well as security stocks;
- Supervise the logistics department in taking the adequate measures to ensure the safety of the staff and premises with the support of the Country Security Manager.
Supervision of support departments:
- Supervision of support departments (Admin-HR and Logistics or Finance) in their daily work including but not limited to reporting and follow-up tools and files (TITANIC), coordinating with all relevant departments both at the field and capital levels;
- Review, check all administrative docs i.e. contracts, bills, vouchers, etc., sign the necessary logistic documents only according to authorization and Poa in place;
- Ensure support team’s work is compliant with ACTED internal manuals and procedures, conduct regular check to identify possible gaps or breach in procedure follow-up and advise Compliance Officer of necessary training and support needed at the field office level;
- Maintain constant and fluid communication with ACTED Country Office on all matters regarding the field office and sub-office, in particular in the absence of the latter from the areas of intervention;
- Assist in recruitment process of support staff under the direct supervision of the CFM and CD;
- Conduct appraisals of staff under his/her direct supervision.
- Support the support departments in their interactions with the program teams, especially the logistics department to ensure smooth implementation of projects activities and any other tasks run in the area (e.g. filing of compliance documents);
- Ensure the support part of the weekly planning (logistic, finance and HR) for all activities;
- Maintain strong communication with ACTED Country Office in terms of management and implementation of system, FLAT procedures and programs;
Internal Coordination and relations with other departments:
- Chair and actively participate in required internal coordination meetings (weekly area meeting, FLAT weekly meeting, monthly area meeting, monthly coordination meeting, etc.), resulting in clear outputs (e.g. weekly plans);
- Chair support department meetings and FLAT area meetings, and circulate minutes and action plans to area office on time;
- Work to ensure smooth and efficient coordination between AMEU (Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Unit), Project teams and support Departments in all the project activities;
- Tightly collaborate with the project manager to be informed immediately of any deadlocks and challenges impairing the project implementation and progress;
Security and Safety:
- In close coordination with the Country Security Manager/Security Officer
- Support the CSM in his tasks if necessary, in particular the monitoring of the security situation in the area, and reporting of security and safety incidents as laid out in the Country Safety and Security Plan;
- Follow up and report to CSM on staff’s adherence to security and safety rules in the office, and the implementation of all other provisions from the Security and Safety Plan in the area;
- Contribute with suggestions and inputs to the continuous update and improvement of ACTED’s security posture in the area.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination;
- Report and clarify any work-related issues and challenges to supervisor in timely manner;
- Commit to honest, high quality work in all aspects of responsibilities;
- Be solution-driven;
- Consider safety and security in the field, and immediately report all incidents to the security focal point;
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably assigned by the area coordinator
- Respect time including to work, meetings, deadlines and other reasonable requests;
- Maintain a good team spirit and stimulating working environment amongst staff and colleagues;
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Completion of university degree in Business Administration, Banking and Finance, humanities, or social Sciences,
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Minimum two years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience working in a camp setting
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Proficiency in English and local language, both oral and written.
- Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
- Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes
- Managerial experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Contract length: 6 Months
- Level: C2-1 (national contract)
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
- Only Properly completed applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CV will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview
Application Deadline 14th May, 2019.Application Details