How To Apply For NSCDC Recruitment (Phase 2)| Application and Requirement Details
The 2019/20 Nigeria Security And Civil Defence Corps Recruitment process has moved to the second phase.
The second phase is for candidates who have met the height, age and other basic requirement of the corp. The remaining candidates are to update their details on the website – www.cdfipb.careers.
By this, The Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Services Board (CDCF1B) hereby inform all NSCDC’s 2019/2020 applicants to revisit www.cdfipb.careers.
Overview Of The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC)
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) was first introduced in May 1967 during the Nigerian Civil War within the then Federal Capital Territory of Lagos for the purpose of sensitization and protection of the civil populace. It was then known as Lagos Civil Defence Committee.
NSCDC is a para-military agency of the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that is commissioned to provide measures against threat and any form of attack or disaster against the nation and its citizenry. The corps is statutorily empowered by lay Act No. 2 of 2003 and amended by Act 6 of 4th June 2007.
The Corps is empowered to institute legal proceedings by or in then and of the Attorney General of the Federation in accordance with the provisions of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria against any person or persons suspected to have committed an offence, maintain an armed squad in order to bear fire arms among others to strengthen the corps in the discharge of its statutory duties
In 1984, the Corps was transformed into a National security outfit and in 1988, there was a major re-structuring of the Corps that led to the establishment of Commands throughout the Federation, including Abuja, and the addition of special functions by the Federal Government.
On 28th June 2003, an Act to give statutory backing to the NSCDC passed by the National Assembly was signed into law by Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, GCFR, the former president and Commander in chief of the Armed Forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
NSCDC Recruitment General Requirements
- Applicant must possess a minimum of B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND in respective discipline from a recognized institution
- Possess at least five credits including Mathematics and English in the West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) in not more than 2 sittings OR
- Possess National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in at least four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including Mathematics and English
- NYSC Certificate Number and Year of Acquisition
- NCE/ND Institution/Certificate Number and Year of Acquisition
- WAEC Certificate Number and Year of Acquisition;
- NABTEB Certificate Number and Year of Acquisition;
- NECO Certificate Number and Year of Acquisition;
- G.C.E Certificate Numb. and Year of Acquisition
NSCDC Recruitment Guidelines
- Applicants must posses all relevant documents required for the NSCDC recruitment
- Required documents must be properly scanned and the right size uploaded
- All NSCDC Shortlisted Candidates will be published shortly after the release of screening results .
Applicants are strongly warned against patronizing individuals or group of individuals who parade themselves as NSCDC staff to extort money from unsuspecting applicants.
Do not pay money to any individuals or group of individuals who promise to help you gain favourable spot in the recruitment list. Anyone who does this is doing so at his/her own risk.
Deadline for update:
Wednesday 11th to Thursday 19th of March, 2020
Tags: NSCDC Jobs, NSCDC Recruitment, NSCDC Recruitment 2019, NSCDC Recruitment 2020, NSCDC Recruitment Application procedure, NSCDC Recruitment details, NSCDC Recruitment Portal, NSCDC Recruitment requirement, NSCDC Recruitment Update, NSCDC Recruitmentsecond phase, NSCDC Vacancy