How To Apply For NAIC Recruitment 2020 | Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Corporation Recruitment
Overview of NAIC
The Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Corporation (NAIC) was birthed in November, 1987 from the need for a specialized Agricultural Insurance Company to provide insurance cover to farmers.
It was well-informed by Government’s concern over the vacuum created due to the unwillingness of conventional Insurers to accept Agricultural risks, which they considered too risky.
The implementation of the Scheme was initially vested in the Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Company Limited, which was later incorporated in June, 1988 but later turned into a Corporation in 1993 by the enabling Act 37 of 1993.
Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Corporation is therefore a wholly-owned Federal Government of Nigeria insurance company set up specifically to provide Agricultural risks insurance cover to Nigerian farmers
Functions Of The Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Corporation (NAIC)
Amongst other things, Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Corporation (NAIC) is responsible for;
- Provision of premium subsidy of up to 50% chargeable on selected crop and livestock insurance policies. The perils covered under the crops sub-sector are fire, lightning, windstorm, flood, droughts, pests and diseases. For livestock, the perils under cover include; death or injury caused by accidents, disease, fire, lightning, storm and flood.
- Insurance coverage of equipments, assets and other properties which form part of the total farm investments at competitive commercial rates.
- General Risks coverage including Fire and Special Perils, Burglary, Workmen Compensation, Goods-in-Transit, Bonds, etc.
- Coinsurance Services
- Provision of extension services to insured farmers and insured projects.
- Payment of indemnity to insured farmers/clients after having suffered an insured loss.
- Encouragement of institutional lenders to lend more to agriculture through provision of added security to agricultural lending of commercial banks.
Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Corporation Departments
- Agric Underwriting: The department is responsible for underwriting all Agricultural risks.
- General Insurance: The department underwrites the general insurance policies of the corporation.
- Claims/Reinsurance: The department is in charge of the Corporation’s Claims administration.
- Finance: The department is responsible for all the financial transaction of the Corporation.
- Administration/Human Resource Department: This department is responsible for general administration and human resource development in the Corporation.
- Business Development: This department is responsible for the development and marketing of various products offered by the Corporation.
- Internal Audit: This department is responsible for the internal audit and compliance processes of the Corporation.
- Legal Unit: This unit is responsible for all the legal issues in the Corporation.
- Strategy & Corporate Planning: This department comprise the following:
- Information And Communication Technology (ICT)
- Planning,Research And Development
- Corporate Affairs Unit
NAIC Recruitment General Requirements 2020?
Applicants applying for the NAIC recruitment are to;
- Possess a minimum of B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND in respective discipline from a recognized institution
- Possess at least five credits including Mathematics and English in the West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) in not more than 2 sittings OR
- Possess National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in at least four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including Mathematics and English
Guidelines for NAIC Recruitment
- Applicants must posses all relevant documents required for the NAIC recruitment
- Required documents must be properly scanned and the right size uploaded
- All NAIC Shortlisted Candidates will be published shortly after the release of screening results .
- Applicants are strongly warned against patronizing individuals or group of individuals who parade themselves as NAIC staff to extort money from unsuspecting applicants.
- Do not pay money to any individuals or group of individuals who promise to help you gain favourable spot in the recruitment list. Anyone who does this is doing so at his/her own risk.
How to apply for NAIC Recruitment 2020/21
The Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Corporation (NAIC) recruitment portal has not yet been activated. As a result, we advise you to disregard any news about the availability of the NAIC recruitment form for now.
Once the recruitment form is available, this page will be automatically updated.
You are hereby advised to bookmark or save this page and check back regularly, because the form is expected to be out anytime soon.