How To Apply For Office of the Vice President North Western Makeathon Competition 2019
Title: North Western Makeathon Competition 2019
- The NWMakeathon is an open and intensive solution creation contest which would cut across the region with the objective of bringing together the skills and knowledge of a diverse set of individuals and institutions including entrepreneurs, start-ups, innovators, businesses, academics, policymakers, and community leaders, all committed to address the socio-economic challenges of North-West Nigeria.
The Goals and Objectives of the Makeathon
- To start a process and develop an ecosystem of innovation close to conflict and natural disaster affected people by co-creating solutions with them and with humanitarian service providers to address the protection and assistance challenges that have remained so far neglected.
- During the makeathon, 30 teams of innovators and sector experts will be selected from a pool of applicants would work together to conceptualize ideas and transform them into working prototypes.
- At the end of the co-creation period, 15 teams would be selected across all 7 states to participate in the market validation stage. At demo day, 7 most innovative teams with solutions scoring high on criteria such as: ‘likelihood to succeed’, ‘social impact’, ‘commercial viability’, and ‘relevance’ would be selected to participate in the 3 months long blended incubation programme (online & physical) at incubation hubs closest to them in the region.
Key Challenges Area:
- Protection – 60%
- Nutrition and Food Security – 55%
- Quality Education – 95%
- Health – 80%
- Economic Security – 70%
Phases of the Competition:
- Phase 1 – Roadshow
- Phase 2 – Call For Ideas
- Phase 3 – Co-creation
- Phase 4 – Market Validation
- Phase 5 – Demo Day
- Phase 6 – INCUBATION
Opportunities for the Participants
- 1st Prize: $1000, incubation and acceleration of your idea.
- 2nd & 3rd Prize: Incubation and acceleration of your idea.
How to Apply
To apply, interested and qualified candidates should click Here
Application Deadline 5th February, 2019.